Wednesday, January 17, 2007

...I went back to school?

Work thing. My company rented a ballroom and an amphitheater in the GWU student union, on the theory that our shareholders would benefit if most of us died from the dubious catering. I spent ten straight hours feeling like a sophomore who could be fired for snoring.

A few highlights:

- Watching colleagues completely fail to hit on college girls in the food court
- Brokering an elaborate three-way deal over the catered-lunch-of-doom involving some original Ruffles, an upsettingly pale and gooey sugar cookie, and my Rold Gold pretzels
- Eating a third of an upsettingly pale and gooey sugar cookie, feeling ill, and wishing I had my pretzels back
- Stealing my pretzels back

Yeah, my triumphal return to the groves of Academe was not the stuff raunchy comedies are made of. Sadly. Will try harder next time.

No comments: